Hearing Aid Practitioner
Hearing Aid Practitioner at a Fast-Growing and Locally Respected Hearing Care Practice
This isn’t just a “job.” It’s an opportunity to be part of a locally respected and passionate team that has built a stellar reputation as the most caring, trustworthy, and experienced hearing clinic in North Vancouver.
We’re now seeking somebody that wants to join our “family.” If you want to know more about who we are and whether our company culture is right for you, please check out this post and our website here.
As you continue to read, you must like what you’ve seen.
We’ve developed a unique culture and are committed to maintaining it.
The person we hire must be a great fit, and we are prepared to wait for the perfect match.
"*" indicates required fields
Although your experience plays a key role in this process, your personality traits and attitude are the top priority. If this is how your co-workers and friends would describe you, then we may be the ideal match:
- Always happy, smiles a lot, positive attitude, always a pleasure to be around.
- Friendly, warm, an extrovert, a people person – and comes across the first time you meet someone, even on the telephone.
- Client, compassionate, and helpful, especially with older people. Even temperament, calm, always pleasant, unflappable. Has a knack for being able to turn a frown into a smile.
- Committed, dedicated, a great teammate, pitches in without being asked, puts team accomplishments ahead of individual accomplishments.
- Accurate, detailed, gets things right, double checks their work, makes very few mistakes
- Owns it: accepts responsibility, credits others for successes and accepts responsibility for failures. Always finds a constructive way to solve a problem.
- Coachable, doesn’t get defensive and accepts feedback with a positive attitude. Always looking for ways to grow and improve.
- Reliable, dependable, doesn’t just arrive on time: often comes in a little early to ensure they’re prepared for the day; willing to stay late when there’s work that needs to be done.
These statements also describe the people you’ll be working alongside, meaning that you’ll quickly discover that this is much more than a group of co-workers but feels like a family.
We have spoken about whether you’re the right fit for this role, and you’re still reading, indicating that you have the personality traits/attitude we’re looking for. So, let’s now look at the specific duties of the role.
As Hearing Aid Practitioner, the right candidate will play a critical role in helping deliver client success.
Hearing Aid Practitioner (North Vancouver Clinic). With a local reputation for delivering excellence, you will be helping clients to understand the reasons behind their hearing challenges and helping them on their journey to better hearing. You will provide the highest hearing healthcare level with plenty of heart and soul!
- Deliver a high level of professional care to all clients
- In-depth and thorough Audiological Testing
- Interpret test results and provide professional recommendations
- Order, fit, and program hearing aids
- Knowledge of assistive listening devices
- Verification testing, troubleshooting and completing minor repairs
- Demonstrate expertise in counselling and creating aural rehabilitation programs
- Cerumen Management
- Conduct community-based outreach programs
If the above sounds like the role you have been waiting for, at the type of practice you want to be part of, then here’s what we’re looking for from you.
- Newly licensed or experienced Practitioners can apply
- Must be licensed by the College of Speech and Hearing Professionals of BC and in good standing
- Cerumen Management Certified (or willing to complete)
- Lives locally
As you’re still reading, you must like the sound of our culture, believe you’re the right personality fit for the role and have the experience/qualifications we’re looking for.
Hear at Home Offers:
- A competitive salary (plus commission)
- Healthcare Plan
- Professional licencing fees
- Continuing education
- Staff events
- We value you and your desire for a healthy work-life balance.
- A friendly, stress-free work environment
If you have young children at home and are only interested in part-time, please reach out.
We will love to talk if you believe this is the right fit for you and us.
Please send your resume and any additional information that will make you stand out and capture our attention.
We very much look forward to hearing from you!