Hearing Self Test
To take the self-test, answer Yes or No to the following questions. Review your answers with the results below.
Hearing Self Test Questions
- Do you have a buzzing noise in your head?
- Do you find it difficult to have a conversation in a crowded room?
- Do you find that people mumble when they speak?
- Do you find having a conversation in a group very tiring?
- Do you need to see someone’s face to understand what they are saying to you?
- Do you find it hard to tell where a sound is coming from?
- Do you find it more difficult to have conversations with women and children?
- Is it difficult having a conversation on the phone?
- Do you often ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you sometimes fail to notice noises such as: the refrigerator turning on, a clock ticking, a tap dripping, an alarm going off, the phone ringing in another room?
- Does your family complain that you turn the television up too loud?
- Has someone close to you suggested you may have a hearing problem?
- Do people complain that you speak too loudly?
- Have you had a job in a noisy environment?
Self Test Results
Q1 – Yes
If you answered “yes” to question #1, this indicates that you may be suffering from tinnitus. Tinnitus can be caused by a variety of things, some cases are easily resolved. Tinnitus can also be associated with sensorineural hearing loss.
Answering 0 yes questions
You answered “no” to all of the questions above. This means it is unlikely that you have a hearing problem. However, if you are concerned about your hearing then do not hesitate to contact us.
Answering 1 – 3 yes questions
You answered “yes” to some of the questions above. You should consider having your hearing professionally assessed by a Hear at Home Hearing Instrument Practitioner.
Answering 4-7 yes questions
You answered “yes” to several of the questions above. This indicates there is a good likelihood that you have a hearing problem. This should be further investigated with a professional hearing by a Hear at Home Hearing Aid Practitioner.
Answering 8-10 yes questions
You answered “yes” to a number of the questions above. There is a high chance that you have a significant hearing loss. We recommend that you have your hearing professionally assessed by a Hear at Home Hearing Aid Practitioner.
Answering 10-14 yes questions
Your responses indicate that you have a significant hearing loss. We strongly recommend that you make arrangements to have your hearing professionally assessed by a Hear at Home Hearing Instrument Practitioner.
Source: Bernafon Canada Ltd.